Frequently Asked Questions
We always offer training and advice with any item of equipment purchased from ourselves, but just in case you forget - here are a few of the main points and more commonly asked questions.
Dos & Don'ts
Cold Pressure Washers
Hot Pressure Washers
Chemicals & Detergents
- Unloader Valve
- Pressure or Flow
- Industrial Vacuums
How Much Water Does the Pressure Washer Need?
This depends on the model, for example, Karcher's pressure washers typically have a flow rate between 1.25 and 2.5 gallons per minute.
Does cleaning quicker save water?
Electric pressure washers are equipped with an electrically powered pump which raises the water pressure by up to 40X. With this pressure, water is conveyed through the high-pressure hose to a lance, where it ejects as a sharp, concentrated jet from a nozzle, creating a robust cleaning power. If the spray isn't activated, the pump switches off automatically. Using a pressure washer allows you to carry out cleaning tasks faster than conventional methods while using less water.
Can Pressure Washers Be Used to Clean Cars?
A simple spray of your vehicle with a pressure washer will remove coarse dirt. We would recommend using a cleaning agent at a low pressure for a more thorough clean. You can also use a wash brush to distribute the cleaning agent more effectively and remove stubborn debris.
What is a Backflow Preventer?
A backflow preventer stops detergent from getting into your water system.
What should I do if my pressure washer isn't building up pressure?
Follow these simple steps to fix this issue -
• Connect the machine to a water supply and turn on the tap
• Remove the filter from the water inlet and have it cleaned
• Turn on the pressure washer on without the steel pipe and allow it to run until there is no air coming from the spray gun
• Check the accessories you are using are correct
• If the pressure and suction valves have started to leak and there is water coming out of the casing, or if the machine is throbbing please get in touch with Britclean and we can arrange an appointment with you to assess the problems.
• If the pressure washers valve is stuck, we would also recommend getting in touch and we can advise the next course of action
What Should I Do if the Machine Sputters or Goes off?
Firstly clean the nozzle insert then check you are using the correct nozzle and if there is enough water coming out.
Here are a few links to websites that you may find of interest.
- RT @TheFarmart: Great day at @StaffsShow meeting up with many of our advertisers & readers. Enjoyed watching some of the main ring attracti…
- RT @Richard7Hill: Know this guy carrying a knife? Somebody must know him? He could stab someone you know, get him off the streets! NOW! @m…
- Thank you @cheshirefarmart for the bacon sandwich, it has set us up for the busy day ahead!#cheshireploughingmatch https://t.co/RoQEDR2qFL
- RT @cheshirefarmart: Yeah! our July issue has landed. You can find @woodpellets24 @natbeefassoc @WM_Agriculture @vwjearthmoving @TotalConcr…
- Belt driven diesel option now available, cut out gearbox and keyway issues for good! Unit pictured is 200 bar, 15 l… https://t.co/hDBsxkpBt4
- RT @cheshirefarmart: March issue has landed on farms today! Find @TES_Agri @Suddenstrikeltd @RVWPUGH @BritcleanUKLtd @Calcifert @Chelfordfa…
- RT @wgtanker: Everything from a new road tanker plus all the support, parts and service that is needed to keep the vehicle in top condition…
- RT @MJSgreenhouse: MJS Greenhouse Services for all your greenhouse cleaning needs. https://t.co/BbxRnY8NST
- RT @cheshirefarmart: June issue has landed! Find @TheBodensGroup @TES_Agri @sstrikepest @arkrubber @BritcleanUKLtd @Chelfordfarmhttp://ow.l…
- RT @cheshirefarmart: May issue has landed on farms today! Find @TudorGriffiths @TES_Agri @BritcleanUKLtd @Calcifert @sstrikepest https://t…