One of the best ways to keep the appearance of your car looking shiny and new is using pressure washers on a regular basis.
Whether you are a car enthusiast who washes their car every week or just want to get it done quickly, using a pressure washer is the best method.
For our latest blog, Britclean will talk you through the cleaning process in five simple steps.
5 Steps for Using Pressure Washers on Your Car
1. Choose an Appropriate Pressure Washer and Nozzle – When washing your car, it is important to use a pressure washer with the appropriate power and water flow. The higher the PSI (Pounds per square inch) the more force the water will have as it leaves the tip of the washer. The higher the GPM (Gallons per minute), the more water the machine will release.
2. Park Your Car in a Good Spot for Washing – It is crucial to park your car in an open space, away from other cars or objects that you do not want to get wet or damaged by water. When using an electric pressure washer, ensure you have access to an outlet to power your washer too.
3. Rinse Your Car – Before applying any cleaner to your car, make sure to rinse and spray off any mud or other debris stuck to the surface. Britclean would recommend starting 4-5 feet away from your car and move closer once you have tested the jet washer. Ensure all of your windows are closed and the car doors and the boot are closed so you don’t get any water inside.
4. Applying Detergent – Most pressure washers have special compartments for cleaning detergents, just make sure the detergent you are using is suitable for the machine.
5. Rinse off Detergent – Using a 40-degree tip, rinse the detergent off your car. We would recommend holding the washer at a 45-degree angle and rinse downward from the top of the vehicle.
Now you have successfully washed your car using a pressure washer, be sure to follow these steps each time your vehicle needs cleaning.
Get in Touch for More Information
If you have any questions about using a pressure washer on cars or other vehicles, please do not hesitate to contact Britclean today.