Pressure washers are a great way to inject some life into your wood deck or fencing – plus it is a project which can easily be completed in a weekend!
For this blog, Britclean will tell you everything you need to clean wood using a power washer.
Everything you need to clean wood with pressure washers
Here are all the tools you will need to clean wood using a power washer –
- A gas-powered or electrically powered washer, but don’t forget that the job will take longer with electric ones.
- A green-tipped nozzle for a 25-degree spray
- Wood sealer
If this is the first time you have used a pressure washer, we would highly recommend you do a spot test before beginning your project. Most fences and decking is constructed from relative softwoods, such as pine or cedar. It is quite easy to strip off more of the surface than intended.
Our tips to achieve the best results
- Move the power washer’s wand in an even, up-and-down motion
- For an even cleaning experience, try not to let the spray linger in any one place. Once you get the hang of it, you may need to make a couple of passes over the same spot. This is a much better option than getting too aggressive and damaging the wood.
- Don’t stop the spray in the middle of the board, just wait until you are at the top or bottom
- Do not start spraying in the middle of the board
- Use overlapping strokes to avoid visible lines
Once you have finished pressure washing, it is time to seal the wood to protect it from the elements. Just make sure the wood has dried for at least a day first.
Need more information? Contact us now
If you need more information about pressure washers from Britclean, please get in touch with us now. We offer power washers for purchase and hire, including leading brands such as Karcher and Nilfisk.
Don’t take our word for it, read some of our Customer Testimonials.